The 12-course Masters Program is for students seeking further specialization beyond our regular 9-course program.
Students in the 12-course program can choose from one of the following four specializations:
- Software Engineering
- High Performance Computing
- Data Analytics
- Mobile Computing
Students in the 12-course program will have the following degree requirements:
1. Complete 6 core courses (OR 5 core courses + 4 specialization courses in one area of specialization)
- (1) Algorithms course
- (1) Programming course (Please note, students cannot take more than one (1) Core Programming class)
- (3) Computer Systems, Networks and Architectures courses
- (1) Additional Algorithms or Computer Systems, Networks and Architectures core course, or a practicum course.
2. Complete three (3) specialization courses in one area of specialization (OR 5 core courses + 4 specialization courses in one area of specialization):
3. Complete three (3) elective courses.
4. Complete a degree-required internship.
Courses that satisfy each core and elective area can be found in our Course Catalog.
Please refer to our Curriculum and Requirements page for additional course requirements.
Current course offerings can be found on our Course Schedule.
No double counting of classes. No course may fulfill more than one requirement.
6th Core / 4th Specialization course
Students may choose to take a 4th specialization course in one area of specialization in place of a 6th core class if they feel that their studies will benefit more from a specific specialization course.