The 12-course Masters Program is for students seeking further specialization beyond our regular 9-course program.
Students in the 12-course program can choose from one of the following specializations:
Students in the 12-course program will have the following degree requirements:
1. Complete 6 core courses (OR 5 core courses + 4 specialization courses in one area of specialization)
- (1) Algorithms course
- (1) Programming course (Please note, students cannot take more than one (1) Core Programming class)
- (3) Computer Systems, Networks and Architectures courses
- (1) Additional Algorithms or Computer Systems, Networks and Architectures core course, or a practicum course.
2. Complete three (3) specialization courses in one area of specialization (OR 5 core courses + 4 specialization courses in one area of specialization):
3. Complete three (3) elective courses.
4. Complete a degree-required internship.
Courses that satisfy each core and elective area can be found in our Course Catalog.
Please refer to our Curriculum and Requirements page for additional course requirements.
Current course offerings can be found on our Course Schedule.
No double counting of classes. No course may fulfill more than one requirement.
If you are a full-time student on a student visa, you are eligible for degree based CPT as part of the 12-course program. The 9-course program does not have a required internship and is not eligible for CPT. If you complete an internship on CPT, you must complete 12-courses in the MPCS to receive your degree.
6th Core / 4th Specialization course
Students may choose to take a 4th specialization course in one area of specialization in place of a 6th core class if they feel that their studies will benefit more from a specific specialization course.