The Masters Program in Computer Science offers the following Programs of Study to accommodate students with a wide range of backgrounds and interests:
- 9-Course MS in Computer Science Program: This program consists of 9 courses that students can complete in just 9 months (full-time) or in 15 months (part-time).
- 12-Course MS in Computer Science Specialization Program: This program allows you to do a deep dive into one of four hot areas of specialty: Software Engineering, High Performance Computing, Data Analytics, Mobile Computing. This program can be completed in 15 months, if enrolled full time, including a summer internship.
- This program is a 12-course research-oriented masters program for students who want to explore computer science research. The Pre-Doc program is for full-time students with a CS background starting in the Autumn quarter.
Joint MBA/MPCS Program with the Booth School of Business
- The Joint MBA/MPCS program meets today’s leading tech companies’ cross-functional demands of new employees. Technology permeates everything, and true innovation requires the ability to understand and navigate both business and technology. Our joint program with UChicago’s Booth School of Business enables students to earn both an MBA and an MS in Computer Science.
- Immersion classes are available to any admitted MPCS student. Students can complete one or both of these classes before beginning coursework in the MS in Computer Science Program.
To view a complete list of course offerings, please visit the MPCS Course Catalog.